How Your BFF Could Help Your Health

Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Stressed out? Go hang with your BFF.

A small new study shows that during stressful times, being around a best friend decreases levels of the stress hormone cortisol.
Saw Palmetto Works As Well As Placebo for Prostate Problems, Study Finds
Power Without Status Linked To Abuse, Study Says
10 Of The Most Unhealthy Shows On TV
Sleep May Be Linked With Memory, Study Suggests
BLOG POSTS
Jean Fain, L.I.C.S.W., M.S.W.: Oprah's Life Coach On How To Go About Achieving Your Goals
Truth be told, I wanted to learn more about Martha Beck, so I contacted her with the intent of turning it into an interview. She agreed, but only if I would allow her to coach me on something.
Michael Sigman: The Genetic Reason Some Of Us Are Happier
I once dated a woman who was happy. She slept well, ate when she was hungry and exercised when her body needed it. I had insomnia, ate gallons of chocolate chip ice cream and ran eight miles a day.
Cheryl Forberg, RD: The 10 Health Problems You Were Too Embarrassed To Ask About (And Solutions) -- Part Two
After working with the "Biggest Loser" for 12 seasons, I sometimes doubt there's an embarrassing question I haven't been asked! Here are five more.
Deepak Chopra: Heart Attack Myths And The Missing X Factor
Heart disease is a prime example of how a half truth turned into a partial cure, with many people being led down the wrong path, either by themselves or by their doctors.
Advertisement

Comments