HuffPost World Daily Brief: Blood Diamonds.. Body Dump.. Rigged Russian Elections?

Tuesday, December 6, 2011
KABUL, Afghanistan -- A suicide bomber struck a crowd of Shiite worshippers at a mosque in Kabul on Tuesday, killing at least 55 people in the deadliest of two attacks on a Shiite holy day – the first major sectarian assaults since the fall of the Taliban a decade ago.
Hillary Clinton: Russian Election Was Rigged
Are Blood Diamonds Really Gone?
Activists: Dozens Of Dumped Bodies Piled Up In Homs
Japan Recalls Baby Formula After Small Traces Of Radiation Found
Which Presidential Candidate Can't Name 3 Books?
BLOG POSTS
Seth Shostak: Last Chance to Be Special?
Scientists connected with NASA's Kepler space telescope have announced the discovery of a planet orbiting a Sun-like star that may resemble our own world. Its name is Kepler-22b.
Mohamed A. El-Erian: Prepare for a Different Financial Landscape
With the European crisis continuing to dominate the news, many people now realize that today's global economy faces an unusually uncertain outlook.
Don Tapscott: Looking Back on My 2011 Projections
A year ago I published "10 Big Themes for 2011" -- related to how the digital revolution changes business and society. It's helpful to review what actually occurred. Below are my projections and some 20-20 hindsight editorializing.
Will: Jumping Over Fire
I informed my parents that I'd been given the opportunity to write for a major gay magazine. My father's reaction was a happy one, but he wanted me to change my name; the Iranian government keeps tabs on anyone who is the least bit Iranian.
Bill McKibben: The Most Important News Story of the Day/Millennium
Corporate power has occupied the atmosphere. 2011 showed we could fight back. 2012 would be a good year to step up the pressure. Because this time next year the Global Carbon Project will release another number. And I'm betting it will be grim.
Advertisement

Comments