Taiwan Turns 100 | Dracula's Digs | Bigger Is Better In Russia

Monday, October 10, 2011
October 10, 2011 is the 100 Year Anniversary of the Republic of China as a result of the Xinhai Revolution of 1911. While the anniversary has been called "awkward" for China, it is far from it in Taipei, Taiwan where the Republic's independence from Imperialism is celebrated with zest.

PHOTOS: Discovering Dracula's Digs
VIDEO: Columbus As Explorer And World-Class Jerk
PHOTOS: Alitalia's Designer Duds
Big Ben: The Leaning Tower Of London
Do Airlines Snub Your Pug?
BLOG POSTS
Peter Worthington: Russia: Where Bigger Is Still Better
Russians are obsessed with size. If something is big, it's good. If it's oversized, it's better. Buildings in St. Petersburg and Moscow are huge and tend to the baroque. Visually impressive, albeit much the same. One finds oneself longing for something small and private.
Richard Bangs: Exploring The Yangtze: China's River Of Dreams (AUDIO)
The epic story of an eight-year correspondence and an even longer quest to raft China's Yangtze.
Anna David: Falling for Me: Empty Streets And An Unappealing Proposition In Seville
I'd reminded people who'd asked me why I was going by myself how much I loved being alone. I'm a very independent, self-sufficient person, I'd said, sometimes feeling like I was speaking the truth and other times wondering who the hell I was kidding.
Karen Schaler: Fly Fishing In Washington With My Septuagenarian Mom (VIDEO)
We found out some of the best fly-fishing in the entire Northwest is on the Methow River in Eastern Washington about three and a half hours east of Seattle, so that's where we headed.
Advertisement

Comments