Friday's Daily Brief

Friday, October 21, 2011
WORLD
Gaddafi Burial Delayed
TECHNOLOGY
Steve Jobs: 'Google You F--king Ripped Off The iPhone'
BUSINESS
Obama Nominates Big Bank Critic To Key Financial Regulatory Post
GREEN
Puzzling Details Emerge On Ohio Man Who Freed Exotic Animals, Then Killed Self
WOMEN
Advice For Reality TV Stars, From Emily Post
BLOG POSTS
Eve Ensler: Ambiguous UpSparkles From The Heart Of The Park: Mic Check/Occupy Wall Street (Part 2)
What I heard in each person I spoke to in Zuccotti Park was a much deeper vision and hunger, not for fixing or reform but for something new, something they would have a hand in, something radical, from the roots, from the park.
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.: The Fracking Industry's War On The New York Times -- And The Truth
Superb investigative journalism by the New York Times has brought the paper under attack by the natural gas industry, whose spinning and obfuscation is impeding leaders striving to institute sensible regulations.
David H. Murdock: My Healthy, Weekly Shopping List
Even though I am Chairman of Dole Food Company, I do most of my own grocery shopping. Below I provide an example of a partial grocery list of what I might buy in any given week.
Bill Zimmerman: The Movement Next Time
We veterans of the Sixties have become encrusted with doubt. I'm putting mine aside and going to Wall Street. This kernel of activism might spawn a powerful populist movement, and if it does, I want to help it along.
Rachel Fine: I Now Pronounce You... Girlie
The idea of being somebody's wife kinda freaks me out! Am I alone here or are other modern day Rosie the Riveters out there struggling in silence?
Advertisement

Comments